What are they and what will I learn?
CVQO offers two levels of ILM qualifications for adults (19+) that are directly accredited by certain Cadet Force Adult Volunteer courses.
They are the ILM Level 4 Award and the ILM Level 5 Awards in Leadership and Management. Depending on the level and current experience, each qualification is intended to help individuals develop their management skills and lead others effectively.
The ILM Level 4 can be completed by attending either the ACF Initial Officer Training course or the ATC Officers’ Initial Course. The ILM Level 5 can be completed by attending either the ATC Squadron Commanders’ Course, the Royal Marines Band Service B1 Course or the ACF’s King George VI Memorial Leadership Training Course (KGVI).
Both are unit-based and learners can expect to cover topic areas such as:
- Planning and leading a complex team activity
- Managing risk in the workplace
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance
- Managing Projects in the Organisation